Saturday, August 16, 2008

Like a Blogger...for the very first time!

I don't know why I expected cheers, noisemakers and something like "next up, Mr. Pow takes a stab at wowing with his intelect..." when I decided to step into the Blogosphere.

No fanfare...quite the contrary. A web-flash of "thanks for signing up, now get blogging..." and next thing I know I'm sitting in front of a blank screen, the computer patiently poised for my first keystroke. I could almost feel the phosphors glow differently as I struck the key and it appeared on the screen in front of me -- breaking the silence, filling the void that was the Big Bang of my Blogospheric birth.

Also as soon as I started typing the title, "Like a Virgin" started running through my head.

Wake up ya'll...I'm here...

I feel a bit like a Jesus-wannabe, someone standing in the crowd thinking "Blessed be this and that group? I can *so* top that!" Where's my Mount? I've got something to say! But, as it turns out, I'm really not very good at forming readable thoughts. I don't think I'd do very good trying to feed hundreds of people with a loaf of bread and a fish, either. No, I guess I'm one of the meek, or the cheese-makers depending on your degree of Pythonism (Monty-style). I keep mostly to myself, so you won't get much "this friend did this, that friend did that" here. Just me and my musings on...whatever.

So I guess I'll fire off a list of the things that interest me, concern me, define me, have happened to me, are dreams of mine, etc. Items within this list may or may not appear as focus for my future posts. I can make no promises. Perhaps I can incorporate them in the title somehow so you (there are readers out there? right?) can skip past ones that don't sound at all interesting.

Possible blog topics (no order possible):
My Boys (Gavin 4, Matthew 2)
My Wife (Mary)
My Cats (Lily, Izzy)
My Family
Nintendo 8-bit
Software Engineering
Systems Engineering
Aviation
Airbus A380
Telecommunications
Projects I Am Working On
Projects I Want To Work On
Work (Honeywell)
GPS
Navigation Algorithms
Chemistry
Genetics
Mathematics
Physics
Quantum Mechanics
Biology
2D Videogaming
3D Videogaming
Universe
Politics
My House
My House Renovations
My House Problems
DIY
DDIY (Don't DIY)
HYFILDIFY (Have Your Father-In-Law Do It For You)
Minneapolis
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Extras

If any of those sound interesting, check back.

No comments: